Sunday, May 5, 2013

Medical Team Arrived Safely

Two medical teams are serving with Congo Mission Network during the month of May.  Team members met late April to pack foot lockers with medical and school supplies.

Medical Team member: Anna Hardy, nurse.

Medical Team members: Dr. Richard Howard and Katherine Williams
The first team will be in Congo for approximately two weeks. Team members Dr. Timothy Rice, Kathy Rice, Dr. Richard Howard, Becky Howard and Anna Hardy left St. Louis early Saturday morning, May 4th and have arrived safely in Kinshasa. 
 
As the group assembled at the airport for departure, Tim shared a favorite scripture passage and encouraging words on the focus of the trip, "We are going to Congo to teach about health and also bring the really good news that Jesus died to restore us to God. In addition, Jesus is working to reconcile us to each other and to bring wholeness to all the brokenness in the world. We, as a team, get to be a part of the great work God is doing in Congo."

Prior to leaving Anna shared, "When I went to nursing school I pictured myself caring for the sick abroad after graduation. I told God I would go anywhere! All I ever want in life is to know my Lord and be faithful to where He moves me. So I was surprised when He threw me over to East St. Louis fresh out of school. It's been ten years since I've been out of the country, but I trust DRC is part of this continued plan of serving God where He places me."

 
Lockers containing medical and school supplies safe in Congo.

"He sent them out to tell the Good News 
of the Kingdom of God and to heal the sick." 
Luke 9:2.   

No comments:

Post a Comment